HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY STATEMENT
Wivenhoe Bowls Club is strongly committed to encouraging our members to take
part, but the health, well-being and safety of each individual is always our paramount
concern. We expect our members to participate within these boundaries.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY:
To support our Health and Safety policy statement we are committed to the following duties:
Undertake regular, recorded risk assessment of the club premises and all activities
undertaken by the club.
*Create a safe environment by putting health and safety measures in place as identified by the assessment.
*Ensure that expectations of members are appropriate to their physical fitness and maturity.
* Ensure that all members have the appropriate level of training for their needs and both on and off the green.
* Ensure that all members are aware of, understand and follow the club’s health and safety policy.
* Ensure that normal operating procedures and emergency operating
procedures are in place and known by all members.
* Provide access to adequate first aid facilities and telephone
* Review safety issues at each management meeting.
* Ensure that the implementation of the policy is reviewed regularly and monitored
AS A CLUB MEMBER YOU HAVE A DUTY TO:
* Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who
may be affected by what you do or not do.
* Co-operate with the club on health and safety issues.
* Ensure that you know the location of the first aid box and telephone.
* Report any concerns to a member of the management team
* Record any accidents in the accident book in the kitchen so that management
are aware and can address any issues.
* Correctly use all equipment provided by the club and to ask for help or advice if needed.
Not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare.
* Location of first aid facilities Kitchen: Location of telephones: Under the TV
*Location of Defibrillator: Inside main door
*Location of telephones: Under TV